I must say I'm impressed

Discussion related to game in development

I must say I'm impressed

Postby BigColFan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Your project has got some really good graphics for 1 man project. It's hard to find anobody who works in pixel-by-pixel old Col era graphics any more. It makes me wanna participate!

But I'm worried that it would tike literarily ages to get this game finished without more dev support. How did You manage NOT to attract more devs to the project?!

Positioning: There are problems, when I entered Treasure Fleet in Google I couldn't find any link to the game on first few pages even though I was looking for it. Also, for some weird reason, even though present on sourceforge the Treasure Fleet it's almost impossible to find, it does not exist according to the Search option, even when I enter the full title (?!!)

Cheers!
BigColFan

Re: I must say I'm impressed

Postby Dragos » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Thanks! Indeed, it's a slow going project because it's a one man project as you said, who is working on it as a hobby in his spare time ;)
The modern games have lost the flavor of the old time classics, but lately it seems to be a revival of old-school gaming style, with the release of Might & Magic X, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition or projects in development like Pillars of Eternity.

About google search results, searching for "treasure fleet game" will show this site on the first page, you just have to add the keyword <game>

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:33 pm.
Dragos

Return to General discussion